Friday, July 22, 2016

Kinetic Energy!

"Mommy, are you available right now?"

"I could be..."

I walk over to the living room where a pair of legs are up in the air.  I know that is the son who called me over, not because I can see his face, but because I recognize his pants! (When the pants become "hand-me-down"s, it throws me off for awhile until I link the new owner to the pants!)


"So, do I talk to the feet?" I joke to him, surprised to see him this way.

He (Oldest Brother, OB) is polite, so he realizes this is not an ideal situation for talking to me about his idea.

He is also funny, but so is his spunky, younger brother (YB) who jumps into the discussion with a closed hand up near OB's face!

The mood in the room shifts:  "How about you talk to the fist!"


His implied threat takes over.

(I never did find out what OB's idea was!)

I stand by to hear how this will play out: I can usually count on a battle of wits rather than a brute-strength battle!

OB:  "Well, hello, Fist, how are you feeling?  I hope you are feeling weak today!"

YB's Fist:  "Nope, I have a lot of energy today... kinetic energy!"



I'll let you imagine the ending.  I was off laughing really hard.  I love science talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment