Monday, April 11, 2016

Giving up writing... -- Kate Post #3




My darling,

-----
Here is what I read by Jon Acuff that pushed me off the fence to begin writing:

It was in that moment that I realized the lesson that no matter what you do it will be criticized. Slave away for months. Dot every i and cross every t. It is impossible to create something that everyone will like.

Most people stop right there. They get depressed by that truth and decide to stop creating.

What’s the point? It’s just going to be attacked anyway. I might as well not share anything with anyone.

Quitting at that moment is a mistake because on the other side of this idea is an amazing freedom.

Let’s rewrite the sentence, “No matter what you do, it will be criticized.” The new second half of it should be, “so make sure it’s something you’re crazy about in the first place."
----
Katherine, I am crazy about you!  I will create with you as inspiration :)

His bit made me realize I want to write--to begin with, to you!  (I already have begun since this is Post #1!)

Even if I get criticized by you, I know you love me.  We are able to help each other. I pray that is why you ask for my input for your work.  I love you and can help you.
I need to love me too!  And write!

-----
No one will believe it is my dream to write if I stay "safe" and unknown and do not speak with written words.

So, I will write about what I am crazy about:  passing on lessons to you.  Life is a lot about lessons!  

A great lesson: learn lessons from others to jumpstart you, mentor you past issues before they become your "issues."

I ask for your input, trustingly, as you have asked for mine, my dear.
You are growing into yourself well!
It means so much when you take a comment of mine after you ask for an opinion and run with it, implementing it to make the art stand out all the more!  Or you stick to what you are doing.

In the end, I long to push past the self doubt and live in the freedom that  I have produced something unique and others benefit from it and are better for it! 

You have done that!  I NEED to as well!
You have what it takes, and so do I!
You are growing into yourself daily and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment