Monday, April 11, 2016

I LOVE your drawing! Kate Post #1

I want to write to you, and I will tell you why:  I  LOVE the emotion you draw into your drawings!  

I'll write to you on this blog since I don't want to clutter your inbox (though I'll clutter your bookshelf once I publish all the letter/blogs I'll write you!).

Plus, I enjoy seeing your use of colors,

of seeing so many different expressions, 

seeing many poses,
(Oh, wait, you are posing!)


clothing, 

interaction.

Hang on, 'cause this is a deep message--I want to write to you, and I will tell you why!

I'll write to you on this blog since I do not want to clutter your inbox (though I'll clutter your bookshelf once I publish all the letter/blogs I'll write you!).

I  LOVE that you draw!  

I don't usually think how helpful and encouraging it is to hear that your artwork is a treasure to me!  At times, it feels like it is in such abundance, like the dandelions you would pick for me.  But now, with you off at high school, I remember those dandelions fondly.

I want you to know I value your drawings like I do the dandelions you used to give me!  I am marveling at the creativity that comes from you.  They are not only gifts for me--but for everyone who sees them. (Sure, you will improve and add on techniques, but the act of drawing is already the gift you give.)

Then, I read an article (by Jon Acuff who has a blog to help writers) which opened my eyes to see why I don't write: I do not want to be criticized.

It is good to hear my weakness called out along with the solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment