Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hail the size of ...

The hail came down so hard, late at night, dark out.  It felt like it would shatter the windows.  And indeed, it shattered many skylights in the area.  Many have been temporarily covered up with a tarp or boards.


Jesus comes down to be with us.  He comes down from on high.

Instead of damaging us like the hail, He repairs our relationships. The next morning, in seeing the damage done, in getting some roofer come by to ask about fixing roof damage, I see a parallel to what happens on Good Friday.  Jesus knows we are damaged and have suffered.  He takes the initiative to fix things.

The hail in a modern day parable could stand in for the sin that is faster, bigger than we realize. We are astounded by its impact, its suddenness.  It comes suddenly, then seems to be gone, but it is has left its mark.

We need fixing.  And in the roofer, the Savior, we find that fix.

I was humbled by the size of that hail.  It also makes me think I need to work on the inside of me.  And I won't be alone when I do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment